Tuesday, March 01, 2011

D at 9.


Holding the chocolate moose that Nana and I made for his birthday.

  • You give amazing hugs!
  • You aren't too big to snuggle.
  • You are now tall enough to drive the go-carts at The Zone all by yourself (you come up to my collarbone).
  • You have a great sense of humor and love to tell jokes!
  • You love to read--you just devoured Chuck Black's Kingdom series, the first 3 Harry Potter books, are almost finished with My Side of the Mountain, and want to read through C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia for the 2nd time in less than a year.
  • Your favorite colors are green and yellow.
  • You love the Texas Rangers.
  • You were a Minnesota Vikings fan, but have now moved your allegiance to the Seattle Seahawks (which has made your daddy proud).
  • I often find you shooting hoops out in the driveway--especially when it is time for us to pile into the car to go somewhere! ;-)
  • You love to play football too.
  • You say that you hate math when people ask you about it, but I know better (you really do like it).
  • You like to catch frogs (and probably soon will like to catch lizards too).
  • You love to build with LEGO.
  • I love the worship songs that you make up and now accompany yourself to with your guitar.
  • I love how you love your little brother.
  • I love your tender heart.
  • I love how inquisitive and creative you are.
  • I love YOU!

These are just a few things about you, my firstborn, my heart. Blessings to you over the next year. :)

Love,
Mama xoxoxoxo

No comments: