Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Serving Jesus Isn't Always Easy

OK...this is another entry from my Life Journal. This one was written September 30, 2003. If you're wondering what I mean by "Life Journal," I'll offer you a brief explanation. A Life Journal has a daily Bible reading program printed in the back of the book that takes you through the old testament once and the new testament twice in the course of a year. Each day, after completing your reading, you write down any of the passages that the Lord impresses on you as a personal word to be applied in your life. When God has revealed a special lesson of life to you, you turn to a "fresh" page in your journal to record what God has shown you using the SOAP acrostic (record the Scripture, your Observations from the passage, Application - how you plan to be different because of what you have just read, then you record a Prayer).

Scripture: "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." Luke 13:24

Observation/Application: "What a great and powerful analogy these words of Jesus are. "Make EVERY (emphasis mine) effort to enter through the narrow door..." This isn't the easy way. How many times do people look for the easy way out? I know that I do this all too often, but I need to set aside my selfish desires--die to my "self" and earnestly strive to seek the Lord and live for Him. It doesn't just stop at acknowledging who Jesus is and then asking him into your heart--you must seek Him, discern His will fro your life and strive to live for Him EVERY DAY!

Prayer: Lord, I realize that following you isn't always going to be a cakewalk. Please help me to seek you daily and to always be hungry for more of you. You are the bread of life--I want to learn more about you and become more like you. Amen.

No comments: