Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just a little somthing...

...that has been going through my mind over the last couple of months. Something that my pastor has shared with us on a number of occasions over the last few months. Something that reverberates through my mind and soul. Something of which I am eternally thankful. What is that something? It's God's forgiveness and his "forgetfulness."

In Hebrews 10:17 it says that "'Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.'"

and in Psalm 103:11 it says that: "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

Isn't that just amazing?!?! When we ask God for His forgiveness, he forgives us and forgets. He doesn't keep bringing the offenses up again (the enemy does a good enough job trying to tell you "Remember what you did?" People can do the same.). His forgiveness is what I am striving toward being able to give to others--even when the offense is repeated (Matthew 18:21-22).

I want to forgive as He has forgiven me and to be able to forget about it and to not try to reclaim it after I have laid whatever it is at the Throne of God. Because, after all, total freedom in Christ is what I desire and to receive all that my loving, compassionate, kind, forgiving God has in store for me!

No comments: