Monday, December 10, 2007

When Daddy is not home, someone gets sick...

At 2:00 a.m., David woke up whimpering about his gums hurting. In my groggy, sleepy, not feeling well state (thankfully my fever had broken by then), I thought that maybe he had something stuck between his teeth so I suggested he try to brush his teeth again and floss to get whatever was bothering him out. Well, he didn't do that, but did proceed to whimper for another 1.5 hours before finally drifting off to sleep. Meanwhile, Aidan woke up like he had just gotten up from a nap and was bouncing all over the place. And when I had mentioned the brushing of teeth to David, he promptly ran to the bathroom to prepare brother's toothbrush for him (and then proceeded to carry it into their room and while trying to give it to David, rubbed all the toothpaste into his brother's hair--haha!). When we woke up again between 7:30 and 7:40 a.m., David mentioned that not only did his gums and the entire right side of his face hurt, but his right ear hurt too. Ding, ding, ding, lightbulb goes off in my head and I realize that he has an ear infection (his 2nd one ever).

I call the doctor's office to schedule an appointment (as soon as I could find my phone--it had managed to die overnight, thankfully there were only 2 possible places for it to have been), and we were scheduled for 11:15. Below are photos of the boys in the examination room.


I really don't feel like having you take my picture mom, but I suppose I'll let you. Just so you know, I really don't feel good.



Take my picture too Mommy! (and in the meantime, I'll think of what mischief I can cause next...)
2 hours later, we ended up getting lunch and our prescription and were home. David fell asleep on the living room chair, wrapped up in his quilt. He looked so sweet sleeping there, although an occasional whimper would remind me that my angelic looking boy was still in pain. After a dinner of pumpkin waffles and bacon, we watched The Incredibles and started trying to get boys in bed. David fell asleep right away; however, Aidan decided that he wanted to wake his brother up by jumping on him, go figure. So, Aidan had to go to bed and then David got to hang out downstairs with me. I did end up getting some REALLY good cuddles from my 5-year-0ld boy.
So, I'm hoping and praying that everyone will be feeling better tomorrow and that David will get to go to school, because, if he doesn't, I'll have a very sad boy on my hands since he wouldn't be able to perform in his school's Christmas musical.

No comments: