Monday, September 14, 2009

How Aidan Would Make an Apple Pie.

Aidan and I are currently doing a unit study on apples, Johnny Appleseed and Fall for homeschool, so of course, we are talking about things that you can make with delicious apples. We (um, mostly I) made applesauce last week, but after we read the book How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World, apple pie has been on our minds. So much so that Aidan asked me to make some for dinner Saturday night. His asking me that led me to ask him how HE would make an apple pie, and this is what he said.

We would need 12 apples so we could make an apple pie. Then we would need to listen to instructions so we can make an apple pie.

We would need flour and ice cream (to make it white). If we had most of the right things, we could make it.
(I tried to ask him what else we'd need - he said, "It's in the 'structions, Mama."). We could shop at H.E.B. and Walmart to get the things we need.

We would have to bake our pie in the oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours. The pie will taste good and it will be cold because it will have a lot of ice cream in it.

Truly, I'm quite surprised that he didn't say that we needed to travel the world to find the ingredients like the girl in the story. ;)


No comments: