Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Learning and growing.


That's something we're all doing right now--learning and growing. The boys are learning more each day about how the world works, more about God, his creation, academic related things. They are growing like weeds physically (well, Aidan is a slow-growing one), and above are a couple of pictures to show how big they have gotten. I'm learning and growing more as a parent, as a wife, as a friend, as God's daughter and whatnot. I'm growing more in Him (and am trying not to grow bigger physically). :)
I had a MOPS meeting this morning, and let me tell you, it was awesome! My friend, Jennifer, posted a little bit about what our speaker talked about (as well as someone the 3 of us had listened to at the Extraordinary Women's Conference in early September). During the meeting and while reading Jenn's blog, God gave me a little nudge, or maybe it was more of a swift kick in the pants, and made me realize that I'm not ministering to others the way He wants me to. I'm holding back in fear. Fear of saying or doing the wrong thing. Fear of rejection. Fear that I will inadvertently turn things around to what is going on in my own life. Just plain fear of being stretched or made uncomfortable. Some of this fear is definitely due to my trying to stay somewhat guarded and protect myself from being hurt. Really, I should be handing that over to Jesus and be walking in his strength, compassion and power.
Jesus, train me how to live today. Teach me to be there for others. Help me to be a better friend and to not be afraid to reach out and befriend others. Thank you that we do not have to fear because you are with us, you are our God and will strengthen us and help us and uphold us with your righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10). Train me to be more like you Jesus--I am giving my fear to you Lord. Mold me into the woman you want me to be and may people see you shining through me in everything. Amen.

No comments: