Wednesday, March 15, 2006

2 and 1/2 hours later...

both boys received a clean bill of health. We finally got around to scheduling the boys' physicals with the doctor here in Blacksburg today. After talking to a few of my MOPS moms, and after discussing this with Rob, we decided to go with a family doctor instead of a pediatrician. I saw Dr. Freeman (aka Dr. Jeremy) earlier in the fall when I had tonsilitis, and have heard other people rave about him, so figured what they hey, we'll have the boys see him too.

The boys' appointment was scheduled for 4 p.m. We arrived about 20 minutes until 4 so I could fill out paperwork, etc. Yeah, I didn't get home until 6. It was a LONG (but good) visit. David and Aidan are both above average for their age in the weight category, but are both on the shorter side height-wise. Everything was good though (barring David's low-grade temperature that he ran today...not sure where that popped up from). The examination room we were in was basically a playroom with the exam table in the corner. The boys had fun playing with all the toys, and having me read books to them while we waited. The toys were definitely our saving grace. Who knows how things would have panned out had we been in the waiting room the entire time! :)

Before we left, Aidan ran into Dr. Jeremy's office (to see his messy desk, so the doc said--to which I quoted Rob: "A messy desk is a sign of a brilliant mind." the doc said that he's going to have to remember that one). David told the nurse and the doctor both that he had Cubbies tonight, and then recited all of his memory verses for them. Nothing like having my little witness sharing the good news of Christ with others. :)

Aidan still has to go get his shots, but we have to do that at the county health department or at the hospital. I figure Rob will be on this one--needles...blech! Otherwise, no appointments again for a couple of months, then no more until next year right after birthdays. By that time, I'll have to get a tetanus shot myself.

No comments: