Tuesday, January 10, 2006

When it rains, it pours!

OK...so maybe it hasn't been pouring that much since we've arrived in Oregon; however, it has definitely been raining every day since we've arrived. The entire five years we lived here, we never experienced a true Eugene winter with rain falling nearly constantly. Then, after we move away, it comes. Can't say that I really am shedding too many tears over that though. :)

Our trip out here has been incredible so far. I have really enjoyed reconnecting with cherished friends, and have even had a very positive and pleasant experience meeting my step-mother and step-siblings. David adores his "friend, Uncle Kyle" and loves Aunt Kyra too (although she was a little shy around us).

Still, more people to see, more things to cram into our short time here. I know that I'm going to go back to Blacksburg a little heavy hearted, but I know that God has us there for a reason, and need to just feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to have this visit with people we love.

No comments: