Tuesday, January 10, 2006

When it rains, it pours!

OK...so maybe it hasn't been pouring that much since we've arrived in Oregon; however, it has definitely been raining every day since we've arrived. The entire five years we lived here, we never experienced a true Eugene winter with rain falling nearly constantly. Then, after we move away, it comes. Can't say that I really am shedding too many tears over that though. :)

Our trip out here has been incredible so far. I have really enjoyed reconnecting with cherished friends, and have even had a very positive and pleasant experience meeting my step-mother and step-siblings. David adores his "friend, Uncle Kyle" and loves Aunt Kyra too (although she was a little shy around us).

Still, more people to see, more things to cram into our short time here. I know that I'm going to go back to Blacksburg a little heavy hearted, but I know that God has us there for a reason, and need to just feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to have this visit with people we love.

1 comment:

becky said...

Um, yeah, it *has* been raining a little bit more than usual. And it's so DARK all day long! It's been somethin' else! I think we will really appreciate the sun when it comes back out! I'm so sorry we missed you guys on Sunday. We've been going to first service because they needed ushers and Dan volunteered. Our teens don't like it much, but oh well! Doubt if we'll get to meet up this week, but I really hope you have a wonderful time with good friends and family. Sometimes coming back those first couple of times really makes it clear that the move was all God's plan. It'll be fine! Blessings!