Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Crazy day.

Yesterday the boys and I drove up to Roanoke to run some errands. Originally, my MOPS group had a social planned at the zoo; however, the weather pretty much dictated that we cancel plans for yesterday and reschedule for a later date. Well...I had still intended to take the boys after we went to Old Navy, LifeWay Christian Bookstore and Sam's Club, but David ended up wetting his pants as soon as we got to Roanoke, and a couple of other things happened (including rain pouring down) so we decided to forego the zoo on this trip.

David helped me pick out some presents for Aidan's birthday, and he and Aidan both enjoyed watching the video playing in the children's section at LifeWay. Plus, all the VeggieTales toys were near the TV, so Aidan was in Bob heaven. :-)

On our way home, David fell asleep in the car--he woke up at 4:30 yesterday morning and really didn't feel like he needed to go back to sleep. Aidan was playing with the VeggieTales bus he bought with his Easter money (from his golden egg) the entire way home. Yeah, I heard the VeggieTales theme song LOTS during that time! Well, anytime that David has a nap during the day means that we have a very late night ahead. I seriously don't think that he fell asleep until after 1:00 in the morning! He and I had cuddle time for about an hour while I was trying to get him settled down to go to sleep (instead of him doing his typical headstands and front rolls all over the bed), but I was so beat that I just went to bed in my own bed. We got up for MOPS this morning, much to David's chagrin--he would have preferred to sleep in this morning. Oh well, it was early-to-bed for him tonight, so hopefully he'll be bright eyed and bushy-tailed for Bible Study Fellowship tomorrow. He had fun at MOPS though--Aidan did too. It was the 2nd time ever that I've dropped him off in his nursery that he didn't cry and cling to me as I was trying to leave to take David to his class. I almost don't know what to do with myself when that happens. :-) Neither boy wanted to leave the church when it was time to go home. It's fun seeing them enjoying themselves so thoroughly, especially when I'm enjoying myself so much in my MOPS group!

Well...I need to take out my contact lenses and get to bed. Tomorrow I need to get up early and get out the door for Bible Study Fellowship. I meet my discussion group and my discussion group leader tomorrow, so that should be fun. Hopefully I'll get egg-dying pictures posted tomorrow. One little hint about the egg decorating theme: "the Force is strong in this one..."

No comments: