Monday, April 03, 2006

Waking up to something awful.

And I mean awful! Rob comes into our room this morning to tell me that I needed to get out of bed and clean up Sydney's kennel because she pooped in it last night. Talk about gross! I jumped out of bed, went downstairs and looked at it through the sliding glass door. Not a pretty sight. Apparently the ham she dug out of the garbage can (another naughty thing she did) made her sick and then she did her duty. After a bit of dry heaving, and LOTS of rags that we ended up throwing out in the trash, I got the kennel tray cleaned out--with Rob's help.

Let's just say, that didn't start the day off on that great of a note...

However, Dad called me last night. That was definitely a positive note. Rob laughed at me after I got off the phone with him because I was kinda giddy. He's back! Faux Dad is no longer holding Real Dad captive :) It had been really weird having phone conversations with him before now because it was kind of like talking to a stranger. I still have a lot to learn about him, but at least when I talk to him, it is like talking to someone I know. :)

And, to top last night off, we ended up sleeping in our new room! No longer do I have to look at all of my card-making supplies and computer stuff when I go to sleep or wake up. Granted, I am now looking at stark white walls and woke up to have painter's tape along the ceiling line that we haven't taken down yet, but it was so nice. That's the only way to say it. Our room is now a retreat of sorts again. A place to go and relax and unwind a bit. A place of comfort within the townhouse we're living in. We slept with the window open last night and were woken up with thunder and lightning, but the smells of spring coming into the house were wonderful. Think the boys and I will have to go out and soak it in this afternoon.

No comments: