Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh what a wonderful morning...

My Bible study this morning was so incredibly awesome! We were all sharing openly. Being transparent. Learning from one another. Gleaning from the scripture. Building one another up. Growing closer to one another. Growing closer to Christ. Laughing--LOTS!!! Then again, we did go over the topic of sex and God's standpoint on it for a heafty portion of today's lesson. :)

I know that I have said this before, but I will say it yet again. I feel extremely blessed to be a part of my MOPS group and the MOPS Bible study that I am a part of. The women are all amazing, and we can learn so much from one another. There are so many different emotions and things that I feel when I think of my MOPS group--safety, love, laugther, genuine, friendship, fun...the list can go on. God brought me to this group for a special reason (I had actually been introduced to another one shortly after we moved out here, but something just didn't feel quite *right*). The upcoming days, weeks, months and years will only show what He has in store. It's so exciting to think about.

Each day that I am out here in Virginia, I am realizing what a God-move it has been. The relationships that are forming. The church we have found. Everything. It's so awesome that we have walked in obedience to leave the west coast and to move out to the other side of the country so Rob could go to school. We're experiencing growth in our relationships with our maker as well as growth in our family relationships. So incredibly cool and awesome!

Oh...after rambling on about my messy bedroom/office the other day, I took matters into my own hands yesterday and worked like mad to create some sort of haven for Rob and myself. I hung pictures/college diplomas, put things away, threw things away, organized, etc. I even vacuumed the floor!!! (let's just say that Rob was a bit shocked and pretty pleased by the whole venture). Once I get candles to put on my sconces and in my big candleabra, it will be even more wonderful and relaxing. I even cleaned out our downstairs coat closet. Unfortunately, after all that work, I still am no closer to finding the glue gun. :( Oh well. The cleaned areas are more than worth the effort it took to get it done!

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad today! Psalm 118:24 (NCV)

No comments: